Friday, January 21, 2011

No Resolution

You see the world
I want the only world you see to be me
Trying to hold on as the days go by
Pocketfuls of sand
Turning into sleep
With dawn only watching you leave again

Within the walls of my mind
I’m dealing with this apathy
I try to tell myself I’ve got to live
As I listen to your stories on the phone
I hear you but I don’t feel connected
With every word I’m more alone

And I know I bought into this
In sickness and in health
But something’s got to give
Change means nothing if you’re not here
How long will we pretend that everything’s fine?
Going on without resolution

The baby’s crying
I’m hanging on to my sanity
I know it’s a fine line that divides
Like a fog, like a memory
I’m stuck inside a dream long gone
Emptiness just feels like mountains sometimes

All these years of hope -
I don’t think that home is where your heart is anymore
And everyday it’s harder to wake up
Even harder to get outside
I fight it but I still feel numb
Frightened to have to face it alone



8/13/06

No comments:

Post a Comment